What are the nominee’s experiences?
PSD2020 Chair: oversee all committees, budget, fundraisers/donations/sponsorship, branding/marketing, booked venues (Broad & Pine, Mt. Airy, & Germantown campuses; hotel), program book, set up & lead PSD2020 meetings, liaison between PSDAA Executive Vice President/PSD2020 plus PSD2020/PSD, helped edit PSDAA Achievement Hall of Fame guidelines, collaborated with PSD2020 Bike committee, worked closely with both co-assistant chairs, PSD2020 Scholarship Fund, presented at local deaf organizations/club. PSD Class of ’84: Vice President; The Mt. Airian Yearbook 1984: Co-Editor
What are the nominee’s activities in the deaf community?
- Chair: PSD2020 Alumni Reunion (since 2017)
- Assistant Chair: PSDAA’s Achievement Hall of Fame
- Current member: PSDAA, Philadelphia Chapter Black Deaf Advocates (PCBDA), Keystone Central Deaf Senior Citizens (KCDSC), Silent Athletic Club (SAC), Pennsylvania Society for the Advancement of the Deaf (PSAD)
What does the nominee volunteer in the deaf community?
Volunteered in several PSD2020 and/or PSDAA fundraising events.
What are the nominee’s goals to improve PSDAA?
- Ensure that there is a PSDAA Board representative on PSD Board
- Be inclusive and encourage BIPOC to become PSDAA members/officers
- Welcome the recent graduates of PSD
- Be visible & transparent with the members and community
- Start investing PSDAA’s money for the future
- Become mentors for PSD students
- Provide informational workshops