What are the nominee’s experiences?
- PSD2020 Assistant Co-Chair, Major duties include Fundraising and Registration. Also involved with many other duties
- Work with PSD2020 Budget with PSD Business Office
- Coach for PSD Boy’s Basketball Middle/High School Teams
- PSD student Mentor
- Worked closely with the PSD Athletic Coordinator
- Intramural Coordinator ’83, ’84 Gallaudet University
- Registration Committee ’82, ’83 Gallaudet University
- Co-Assistant Treasurer, PSD Class of ’82
What are the nominee’s activities in the deaf community?
- Currently, PSD2020 Alumni Reunion (4 years)
- Partnering with other organizations to fundraise as a team to benefit both groups
- Membership and Committees: PSDAA, KCDSC, DHHSCDV, SAC, BDHHS, HAD
- Shared Reading Program (SRP) Mentor for families of deaf students
- Sports Instructor, Endeavor Camp, St. Augustine, Florida
What does the nominee volunteer in the deaf community?
- PSD2020 – Fundraising many events, bringing many alumni back to socialize again
- Handles registration/Cashier for PSD and PSD2020
- ESDAA Tournament – Assist Athletic Director for scoreboard and scoring. Meet with Coaches and Referees for problem solving
- USADB National Tournament– Scorekeeper for games
- Drive hearing parents to and from PSD for classes and events
- Running Group – Drive kids to events/dropping them home
What are the nominee’s goals to improve PSDAA?
- Increase membership renewal reminders with 2 or 4 year membership options
- Utilize and encourage PSDAA website updates
- Host PSDAA meetings open to the public, communicate in advance for future meeting dates and posted on PSDAA website.
- Make sure Board Members review By-Laws
- Share PSDAA Mtg Reports and Minutes as well as events with members
- Increase PSDAA membership duties such as budget auditors, etc
- Being open and welcoming to everyone especially younger Alumni
- Team player – collaborates with others